Programs For Youth
El Puente focuses on strengthening the academic achievement of students in Kindergarten through 6th grade by providing the following services:
- Homework help is provided to students through individualized learning plans aimed at improving their academic success.
- Intensive personal tutoring focused on developing and enhancing English and Math skills at every child’s skill level and pace.
- Fall and Summer Intensive Program in partnership with Wright State M.Ed students to enhance students’ learning techniques.
- Milagro de la Mujer
A weekly women’s group where we engage in various transparent discussions about health, life as an immigrant, personal development and integration into the Greater Dayton community.
- Literacy classes
Classes are offered free of charge with set goals that promote the economic independence of individuals as well as their social and civic engagement.
- Nutrition classes
60 to 90 minute classes that are offered free of charge to promote healthy food choices and practices, as well as food storage safety, and money saving tips.
Calendar 2020 – 2021
Days Off Calendar 2020 – 2021
Monday – Thursday from 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
*Closed on ALL Fridays*
- September 8th & 9th – El Puente Registration
- September 14th – First Day of El Puente
- October 22nd – CLOSED
- November 13th – CLOSED
- November 23rd – 27th Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th – December 18th – Tutoring ONLINE ONLY
- December 18th – January 1st – Winter Break
- January 4th – El Puente Resumes
- January 18th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day, CLOSED
- February 15th – President’s Day, CLOSED
- April 5th – 9th – Spring Break
- May 20th – El Puente Last Day
Our Upcoming Events
Registration for 2020 – 2021
El Puente Fiesta
- Thursday, December 17th
- Thursday, May 20th